Monday, February 4, 2013
adapting to news writing
Trying to get into the flow of direct writing, rather than long worded creative sentences, is harder than I thought. Because I love to write endless thoughts, it is really difficult to condense the words into a more direct, news worthy statement. As I begin to practice more, and write a varied range of stories I feel I will be able to pick up the tricks of the trade quickly, and become a successful news writer that people want to read. I really look forward to trying out different types of stories and exploring what stories work best for my type of writing. The topics I am most interested in writing about are topics that include how the people feel. It would be cool to write about the common interest and feedback of what people have to say on what is happening because then you are able to hear a new side of the story. Sometimes reporters only write about the high action news to grab the readers, but it is also important to hear what the readers themselves have to say about what is going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment