Monday, April 15, 2013

trying to find a story

Covering a requested story is really hard and puts a stunt on my creativity. I am the type of writer that likes to explore many options and plan out the story, before I have to actually make a decision on what I write. When I get assigned topics that I have to develop more and ponder on, it really puts me at a standstill and I struggle explaining myself. This week I have 2 days left to find and write a story, and I am stuck. Do I write on an issue, or do I write on something random, or do I use my free pass to better my research for next weeks story? Doing the issue story would be good to get out of the way, but it is hard to get the sources before the due date. Formulating a story in a short time period is very hard and even though it is preparing me for the real journalism life ahead of me, it is really demanding and I don't like the pressure. As a writer I like to take my time and perfect things, and in this industry it is a task that I need to condense.

No comments:

Post a Comment