Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Behind the scenes of Cosmopolitan
I thoroughly enjoy each new print of the magazine Cosmopolitan, otherwise known as Cosmo, because it isn't afraid to put risky things in it. Cosmo has become a favorite of mine a few years back and I receive every issue. Each month I first scan through the index and see what story catches my eye first, and immediately read it. I do this because if the title can catch my eye that fast, the story must be equally as interesting. One thing I admire that Cosmo does, and no other magazine dares to do, is talk openly about things that most people feel uncomfortable talking and reading about. The heavy known topic that most readers acknowledge Cosmo for is their juicy deets on the sex life. Talking about sex is almost like a taboo and a closet topic, most people don't openly share their bedroom life, but Cosmo tells all. They let readers in on what is hot, what is sexy, what to do to please a man, and many more vivid and wild attributes to a confident woman. My favorite thing that Cosmo does is bring the readers in with the bright colors, the relatable stories, and funny, inspiring stories. It shows the readers that they can be who they are, and someone will appreciate them no matter what. Cosmo has shown me that daring writing is worth it, and readers will be interested in hearing about the topics that most writing companies are too scared to write about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment