Monday, March 25, 2013
Finding my story
While I was looking at the UNH home page I saw under events that there was a man coming to the MUB to share his story. It wasn't just any story though, he was a blind man that is a hiker. He made a documentary on his journey of hiking all 48 peaks in NH in one winter season. After going and watching his movie, I am truly inspired. Learning that this man never gave up while hiking, and doing some of the most extreme things, he still kept going no matter what obstacles got in his way. His guide dog, crew, friends, and himself went on a mission to complete the challenge and make it in history. Finding this story to write about, and hearing this mans story made me appreciate everything I take for granted in life. Who knew that even the little things, like seeing, is so easily overlooked because we use it everyday and don't think twice about it, but this man lives with not seeing everyday and he is so powerful. I just hope I can give his story justice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment